Generic filters
Exact matches only

Want to join this summer camp? Register your interest

Apply Now

Want to join this summer camp? Register your interest

Please get in touch using the form below.

Close form

Frequently Asked Questions

Just some of the commonly asked questions we receive at Concorde International.

Please contact us if you can’t find an answer or need any help at all.

How far is my homestay from the school/town?

Within 30 minutes on foot and within 10 minutes by bus.

How will I get to school each day?

Most students walk every morning, some have a bicycle and some go by bus or train. Most accommodation is within 30 minutes’ from the school.

Will someone pick me up from the airport?

Yes. The school has a transfer service and will pick you up at the airport. Please request this service on your enrolment form.

Will I be given a key to my homestay and bedroom?

Yes. For juniors over 16 the host will give you a key for the main entrance but normally bedrooms are not lockable.

Will I be able to do my washing?

Yes, this is no problem, but please speak with your host first and ask when it is convenient.

If I don't like my family, can I change?

Yes; this is possible, but at busy times of the year, you may have to wait.

How do I open a bank account in England?

You must give evidence that you will stay more than 6 months in the country, and the school will give you a letter to show the bank. You are then able to open a student account.

If I don't want to stay with a homestay, are there student houses?

Yes, Canterbury is a student city and there are houses with shared facilities costing approximately £100 per week. This is a private arrangement between you and the landlord. We can usually assist you with renting self-catering University accommodation during term time for around £175 per week. Our welfare officer will be able to give you advice.

Do I need a visa to come to your country? Will you write a letter for me?

If you are a citizen of the EU, you do not need a visa. All citizens of other countries have to apply to the British Embassy in their country for a visa. This visa is only valid in the country where you stay. We can provide you with the correct documentation required for your visa application. All students will need a valid passport to come to the UK.

Can I change my course?

  • Course changes must be discussed with the Director of Studies
  • It is not possible to change course hours where a visa has been issued dependent on a set number of hours studied each week
  • It is not possible to reduce the number of hours studied per week
  • It is not possible to transfer funds from General English classes to any mini-group or 1:1 courses

Will I get a certificate from the School?

Yes, at the end of your course you will receive a certificate of attendance. If you have taken an examination, the school will send you the examination certificates.