Bath Kingswood School
Kingswood School is an amazing boarding school with fantastic facilities for learning, sports and other activities.
The school opened in Bath in 1852 and is one of the best independent schools in the UK today.
|Who this is for||Residential: students aged 8-17|
|Start dates||10 July - 7 August 2019, Wednesday arrivals|
|Enrolment||Enrolment form (pdf)|
This is an exciting programme for younger students aged 8-13 years to enjoy lots of activities and mix with English children during the summer.
|Who this is for||Residential: students aged 8-13|
|Start dates||25th July to 8th August 2018, Wednesday arrivals|
|Enrolment||Enrolment form (pdf)|
There are no English Language Lessons included in this programme, only activities.
Children will mix with the international Summer School students for evening and weekend activities and excursions as well as in the school residence.
We have an excellent staff to student ratio for this age range and the professional coaches and trainers are all experienced and qualified for their sports or activities.
- Arts and crafts
- Team games
This is a truly amazing school and the World Heritage City of Bath has much to offer international students. We guarantee to keep students busy and we know that your students will love their English experience here.
Bath is an ideal centre for the young Time Traveller!
Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, rebuilt in the 18th Century Georgian style of architecture which you can still see today and includes the beautiful Crescent and Circus. Bath today is a busy city with 250,000x visitors each year and a large student population, all enjoying the museums, shops and cafes in the city centre.
Famous people have a connection with Bath – including novelists Jane Austen and Charles Dickens, and in our own times, Harry Potter ‘visited’ nearby Lacock Abbey!
- Easy access from airports and London
- Easy access to historic Bath city centre and shops
- Excellent standards of accommodation and catering
- Excellent centre for groups and individuals
- “Quality of boarding is excellent” (Kingswood ISI report 2015)
- Safe campus with all accommodation and facilities on site
- 20 minute walk to Bath city centre and shops
- Excellent facilities on site
- No other language schools on the same site - we have exclusive use for our students
- High level of staff supervision to ensure students are safe, happy and integrating with others
- Sports include tennis, badminton, football, cricket and more
- Arts and crafts include T-shirt design, drawing, costumes and more
- Drama and dance sessions each activity afternoon
- Horse riding option, 4 hours per week
- Tennis option, 4 hours per week
- FREE FCE Exam Preparation
- 15 classrooms, each with whiteboard, CD, DVD and TV
- Large hall for performances and activities
- Large sports field in the school grounds
- Modern sports hall, tennis courts and Astroturf
- Spacious common rooms offering pool, table tennis and TV
- Good mix of nationalities and age ranges
- 20 hours (26 lessons) each week in international classes
- Focus on speaking, listening, pronunciation and British culture
- English in Action project work and life skills development
- Dedicated programme for Young Learners (aged 8-11)
- FREE FCE Exam Preparation, 2.5 hours per week
- 180 beds in separate houses for girls and boys
- Rooms average 1-3 beds, some larger rooms for younger students
- Excellent boarding facilities, most rooms recently refurbished
- WiFi for all students
- Large, comfortable common rooms
- Catering in the dining hall is to a very high standard
Follow my lead!
Breaking news! Leadership Course 25 July – 8 August 2018
An exciting new programme for students who attend the Concorde International Leadership course for Teenagers in Bath, UK.
This course is aimed at young teenagers who can already communicate in English (minimum B1 Level) and who want to develop themselves in 4 core areas:
Culture & Customs; Creativity & Innovation; Successful Presentations, Leadership & Entrepreneurs.
The outcomes of the intensive 2 week course are as follows:
- an increased confidence in meeting and engaging socially with people who come from other cultures
- an ability to listen, and critically think through situations,
- to find strategies for problem solving
- to consider local and global issues with global youth citizenship and engagement
- to explain a vision, set goals and to create teams/partnerships
- to lead from the front and present aims and objectives
Contact us directly for our special offers.
Please complete the enquiry form below for more details: