CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults)
CELTA is an initial qualification for people with little or no previous teaching experience and opens up a whole world of exciting teaching opportunities.
Because it is awarded by Cambridge ESOL, part of the world famous University of Cambridge, you can rely on its quality and recognition across the globe.
- Ideal for those starting or wanting to start a career in English language teaching
- Designed especially for teachers
- Improve your language and professional skills
- Share teaching experiences with other teachers
- Broaden overall confidence as well as language skills
- Concorde is a verified Cambridge ESOL exam centre
Cambridge CELTA Information
June CELTA is now full - now taking bookings for available places on the August 12th to September 6th course in 2013. Contact us now to ensure you get a place!
PLEASE NOTE: CELTA will be held at Hawks Lane, Canterbury.
|Course length||4 weeks|
|Total number of hours||120 hours|
|Schedule||app 09:00 - 17:00|
|Group size||Maximum 12|
|Total fees||£998 + Cambridge validation fee £127
Who is CELTA for?
- People starting a career in English Language teaching
- People looking for a career change or career break
- People teaching English without formal qualifications
- People who want to work in Further, Adult and Community Education in England and Wales. CELTA is also Module One of a two-module course leading to the following qualifications:
- TEFL -I
- NQF Level 4
- Certificate in the Further Education Teaching at Stage 3 (Module One) for ESOL Subject Specialists
- These qualifications meet the UK government's teacher training requirements for people who want to work in this sector.
Who recognises CELTA?
CELTA is accepted throughout the world by organisations which employ English Language teachers. The Cambridge CELTA has been accredited by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) at level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework. Cambridge ESOL also works with international ELT organisations to ensure the acceptance of CELTA globally.
Am I eligible to apply?
Ideally you should:
- Have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education
- Be aged 20 or over
- Have a standard of English which will enable you to teach at a range of levels.
- The ability to fund your course either personally or via the British Council's English Teacher Graduate Scheme
To find out if you qualify or to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Course Dates 2013 - Early Application Recommended|
|14th January - 8th February|
|18th February - 15th March|
|3rd June - 28th June - now full|
|12th August - 6th September|
|7th October - 1st November|
|11th November - 6th December|
For more information on our English language courses for teachers, email email@example.com, call 0044 1227 451035. Information on funding is available via the British Council's English Teacher Grate Scheme.